Investor readiness (was: Look ahead)
Suggested topics & further reading:
Investor Readiness Canvas
You can use the input of the Investor Readiness Canvas (see elsewhere on this website) for this building block.
Research suggests that these are topics that investors find important when assessing the quality and investor readiness of companies:
- Team – Investors generally prefer teams with committed entrepreneurs that have relevant domain knowledge & track records, as well as complementary expertises.
- Execution – Investors generally prefer teams with ambition that have a solid go-to-market/ growth strategy, and that are able to identify & manage risks.
- Growth – Investors generally prefer startups with growth potential, also international, and a scalable business model.
- Market opportunity – Investors generally prefer startups that have a clear target market that is large and growing.
- Value proposition – Investors generally prefer startups that solve painful problems for the customer, have a clear & compelling value proposition and can demonstrate a market demand.
- Competitive edge – Investors generally prefer startups that have a superior value proposition that they can protect from competitors, and that can obtain an attractive position in their value chain.
- Investment opportunity – Investors generally prefer startups that have credible yet attractive financial outlooks and exit potential.
Golden Egg check assessment
Curious about how you score on potential, feasibility and investor readiness? You can request an account at Golden Egg Check to do your own assessment and see which investors are most relevant to your company (€125 excl. VAT).