Suggested topics & further reading:
As a founder, your job is to keep everyone else happy by giving away your company. Give it away carefully, but give it away, because not doing so guarantees you will be the majority shareholder in a worthless enterprise.
As a founder, your function is to manage the distribution of your own holdings so that you end up with fewer shares but more wealth. The idea is to end up with a thinner slice of a thicker pie. Which requires strategic thinking and long-term planning. – Pascal Finette
Startup financing stages
Consider startup financing stages to identify your company’s current stage, your current investment requirement and your future plan.
What are foreseen milestones (i.e. significant steps of risk-reduction and value creation) in your growth plan? Can you split up your total investment need into milestones for your growth?
Practical tools & relevant blog posts
- Understanding Early-Stage Venture Financing Stages by Claire Fauquier
- How You Finance Your Growth Determines Your Future by Pascal Finette
- Why Capital Efficiency is Key to Building a Successful Business by Oliver Verhage
- The Sequencing of Funding by Pascal Finette
- Bootstrap vs. VC – Spreadsheet template to compare bootstrapping with raising a seed round