Suggested topics & further reading:
What is your ambition?
Where do you want your company to be in 5 years from now? What will your focus be:
- Growth or profit?
- Profit or impact?
- Go big or go home?
- In control or ‘outta control’?
What is your go-to-market strategy?
How will you get to problem-solution fit and product-market fit? What is your (initial) target market?
Recommended articles and tools in this regard are:
What is your growth strategy?
How will you capture the market? Will you focus on growth or on profit? What’s your plan to scale-up, also internationally? What is your projected growth rate? What is your business model, e.g. are you cheaper or better than incumbents?
Have a look at these articles:
- Understanding the Mendoza Line for SaaS growth by Rory O’Driscoll
- The Rule of 40% For a Healthy SaaS Company by Brad Feld
- What Is Disruptive Innovation? by Clayton Christensen
What are foreseen milestones (i.e. significant steps of risk-reduction and value creation) in your growth plan?
What is your exit strategy, if any?
How do you see the future of your company? Do you plan on an exit (i.e. sell your shares) or do you want to create a sustainable, profitable business.
- Profitable business: No foreseen exit but instead sustain a healthy, profitable business
- Acquisition: Selling your company to another company.
- Initial Public Offering (IPO): Offering your company’s stock to the public stock market.
Partly adopted from Exit Strategies for Your Business by Stever Robbins.
Other recommended articles in this regard are: